- Church: (814) 535-2417
Priest: Reverend Robert F. Oravetz
217 Fourth StreetConemaugh, PA. 15909 Get Directions
Originally, the future parish family of Holy Trinity Church traveled 35 miles eastward from Conemaugh, Pa. to attend religious services at St. Mary Byzantine Catholic Church in Johnstown. After a number of years, there appeared to be a sufficient number of faithful to warrant the establishment of a parish in Conemaugh. Since funds were low, the founders decided to erect an all-purpose church basement to be used for religious services, school and meetings. Finally, under the leadership of Father Alexander Dudinsky, the first pastor, the parish family gathered together for the dedication of the cornerstone by Most Rev. Eugene Garvey, Bishop of Altoona, on October 4, 1908.
At first, the Liturgies were held in a parishioner’s home, then in the Lodge Hall on Railroad Street. In 1916 the congregation decided the church should be completed. Two years later the long-awaited dream of the faithful community of Holy Trinity Church was fulfilled – construction was completed and the church was dedicated.
During 1924 and 1925, the interior of the church was decorated and dedicated by Most Rev. Basil Takach. In the course of World War II, 216 young parishioners served in the Armed Forces, six of whom lost their lives in the service of their country.
A new church rectory was built and dedicated by Most Rev. Nicholas Elko in 1963. In 1964 extensive renovations of the church and social center were completed.