The purpose of the Byzantine Catholic Seminary is to be a center of theological learning, scholarship and formation. The Byzantine Catholic Seminary is the graduate school of theology for the Metropolitan Archeparchy of Pittsburgh sui juris, together with other jurisdictions that choose to avail themselves of the programs offered at the seminary. Presently, these jurisdictions include the Melkite Greek Catholic Eparchy of Newton, the Romanian Greek Catholic Eparchy of Canton, and the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Eparchy of Parma.
The Byzantine Catholic Seminary was founded in 1950 with the intention to form candidates for the priestly ministry commissioning them to “Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations.” (Matthew 28:19) As the seminary continues its work of priestly formation, it has embraced the growing needs of the Church by forming qualified lay men and women for service in the Church, with programs that now offer theological credentials.
Byzantine Catholic Seminary of SS. Cyril & Methodius
3605 Perrysville Avenue | Pittsburgh, PA 15214
phone: 412-321-8383 | fax: 412-321-9936