Metropolitan Basil made the following appointments:
Rev. George D. Gallaro, a priest of the Melkite Eparchy of Newton, Massachusetts and Professor at the Byzantine Catholic Seminary of Ss. Cyril and Methodius, is accepted for ministry in the Archeparchy, effective December 7, 2004, and appointed Pro-Synodal Judge for the Archieparchial Matrimonial Tribunal, effective December 13, 2004.
Very Rev. Dennis M. Bogda is appointed Syncellus for Deacons, effective December 22, 2004.
Rev. Kevin E. Marks is appointed Associate Vocation Director, effective January 1, 2005, and is appointed to the Seminary Advisory Council, effective January 3, 2005.
Deacon Paul Simko, Jr. is appointed Assistant to the Office of Diaconate and is appointed to the Seminary Advisory Council, both effective January 3, 2005.
Darlene Fejka is appointed Administrative Coordinator of the Vocation Office and Assistant Communications Director, effective January 3, 2005.
The following individuals were reappointed to the Seminary Advisory Council, effective January 3, 2005:
• Dr. Betty Radvak Shovlin and Dr. Patricia A. Kupec of the Archeparchy; the
• Very Rev. Gerald N. Dino, Rev. Edward G. Cimbala , Deacon Nicholas A. Daddona, and Kenneth M. Krenicky, J.D. of the Eparchy of Passaic; the
• Very Rev. Dennis M. Hrubiak, John Danovich, and Madeline Zaworski of the Eparchy of Parma; and the
• Right Rev. Mitred Archpriest Wesley Izer, S.D.B. and Rev. Robert M. Pipta of the Eparchy of Van Nuys
and newly appointed:
• Rev. Joseph Repko of the Eparchy of Parma; and Sister Joanne Lickvar, OSBM and Cathy Tkacs, both of the Eparchy of Van Nuys.
Father Jason Dolan is relieved of his present assignments as administrator of Sts. Peter and Paul Church, Portage, and St. Michael Church, South Fork, both in Pennsylvania, at his request due to personal reasons and has been placed on administrative leave, effective January 10, 2005.